Friday, May 14, 2010

Good Food in Shanghai :)

This was my view from the hotel where we stay in Shanghai. I was in the 22nd floor :) I like the location of the hotelbecause evrything that I need is just a few minutes walk away. There are massage parlors right in front of the hotel, dvd stores, bakeries, fruit stands, convenient store, juast about evrything!






Breaded Pork CHop on Fried Rice with Egg and Onions From Ajisen Ramen. It was just as good as I remember it, but all of a sudden it was too big, I couldn't finish it all up. So I had to pack it for take away and I ate it again when I got hungry after watching Cnn and following the elections in my home country.:)





Check out the noodles that was hand made in front of us! It was so cool. His hand were so fast, stretching and pressing, and I don't know what, after just a few minutes, probably, just two, we had noodles!!!



For dinner, me and the crew went out and we ordered lamb with bell peppers and garlic stems and chinese omelette which were all so good.

I also went veggie shopping and it was so much fun... I did not have an idea where the market was, but I just kept on walking and walking until I saw some people with bags full of veggie and so I just followed their trace . haha. Evrything was fresh and alive, unlike the veggies in Dubai where they are all dying if not sleeping...The challenge, however, was bargaining, NO CHINESE for me and NO ENGLISH for them, so you can just imagine our frustration! :)



The staple diets in Northern China are: mantou, bing (Chinese flatbread) and wheat noodles; as for the South: rice, rice noodles and rice congee. Next time, I'll find something more traditional in China...

No comments:

Post a Comment