Sunday, May 30, 2010

I'm Not Yet Full of CraB! =)

My Singapore flight was soo much fun, the crew I flew with are amazing especially this girl from Singapore. Her name is Regina.I told her I am reminded of my sister because of her name. =)There was a n Asian Mafia in Business class, Filipina, that would be me, Thai, Korean and Sigaporean.

When we arrived in Singapore, we were all starved as there was nothing to eat onboard. Catering from COlombo wasn't good except for the papayas. As soon as we arrived at the hotel, we all agreed to meet up after 15 minutes, just quickly change and head to Newton Hawker Center.

It wasn't very far from the hotel in Clark Quay, it took barely 10 minutes, and the taxi fare was just S$ 7.50.

This is probably one of the bigger hawker centers that I've been to. And the variety of what you can eat is maddening! I saw seafood everywhere. It was a god thing taht we already decided what we wanted to eat and drink at the aircraft before we landed to save time from thinking and thinking twice on what to order.

We had a feast!


WHite Carrot Cake
While eating, I kept on asking Regina where the carrot was, she just ignored me and kept on eating. So, I ask again! Where is the carrot and it definitely does not taste like cake to me! haha. I googled carrot cake singapore and here's what I found:

Fried Carrot Cake or "Chai Tow Kway" (菜頭粿; pinyin: càitóuguǒ) is a common dish in Singapore which Singaporeans eat throughout the day whether at breakfast, lunch, dinner or even supper. Main ingredient is the white radish (more commonly known as white carrot in Singapore). The white radish is grated and then mixed with rice flour. Together with water, the mixture is stirred while cooking. Then the thick mixture is poured in a round pan and steamed to form the carrot cake.



Black Carrot Cake tastes almost the same, this one is just black and a little bit saltier and spicier! =)


Crispy Baby Squid sooo crunchy and sweet and crunchy and spicy! :)



BBQ Stingray!!! Would you believe I ate a stingray? One of the girls asked, what's a stingray and the other one answered, oh, you don't know? It's the fish that looks like a kite, and it's the fish that killed Steve Irwin. awwwwwww, I miss Steve and his wild stunts with animals! I didn't like this dish. It tastes weird and I don't like the idea of myself eating a stingray. There were so many fishbones, and apparently you can also eat them, eeuw.


Lala In Philippines, Lala is a fish cracker. In Singapore, they are shellfish sauteed in garlic and some other sauce. There wasn't much meat in it, It was ok. I had one and that was it.


Oyster Omelette This one was sooo yummy. I liked that it was fried and a little crunchy but not dry. I still had the full taste of the oyster and I loved it. I miss oysters! In Dubai, it's expensive to have oysters in restaurants.


Chilli CRAB We ordered one order of chilli crab and it was a mistake! Just BECAUSE! I WANTED MORE MORE MORE! I WANT TO BE FULL OF CRAB!


Deep Fried Buns It was my first time to try these buns, and man, they were awesome! Regina taught us how to eat it with the left over chilli crab sauce, and it was soooo yum! I also imagined having these buns with condensed milk, oh I miss Milkmaid from Manila :)

I really thought I would've exploded after eating so much in Newton! Surprisingly, I still had space for a Tiger Beer! :)

Till my next feast, my tummy will miss you Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment