Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Pwera Usog Bracelet


Wikipedia : Usog or balis is a topic in psycho-medicine in Filipino Psychology (but considered just as a Filipino superstition in Western Psychology) where an affliction or psychological disorder is attributed to a greeting by a stranger, or an evil eye hex. It usually affects an unsuspecting child, usually an infant or toddler, who has been greeted by a visitor or a stranger.
--- I'm really not sure whether to believe usog or not. My mom sent me this Anti- Usog bracelet. I remember seeing a different version which is the one with the red and black balls. Well, maybe it too, has revolved through time. Well, there's really nothing to lose when it comes to superstitious beliefs. I have been brought up in the same way, so I guess it's ok. But I believe more in prayers and God's grace for my baby's protection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment