Thursday, July 3, 2014

On Choosing Medela For My Breastfeeding Needs

I was a researcher before I was cabin crew and it makes me sick if I don't research just about anything before I purchase something. Especially when it comes to the quality of just about anything.

One of my colleagues Ivy added me to the group Breast Feeding Pinays on FB and I have been a silent member but a very active one. I read almost every single, advice, rant and reviews of products and just about anything that they use. When it comes to pumps, one brand always stood out in all of their conversations, also, most of my cabin crew friends use Medela. Most of the complaints why they did not purchase Medela is because of the cost. It really is very pricey.

I did my research and yes, it truly is one of the best pumps you can use throughout your breastfeeding journey with your little one. As I live in the sandpit, I went to Mothercare, to Babyshop and Mamas and Papas. They all have Medela in their stores. But they were twice and even thrice more expensive compared to prices in Amazon and Babies R Us in US. Having a sister and lots of friends who fly back and forth to the US, I am very tempted to just buy it from there. But then again, the horror stories of those who bought and had problems with voltage, adaptors, regulators etc etc. I was so confused.

I was brave enough to put this expensive gadget on my baby registry at Mothercare, even though through my extensive research, it always popped out in the "WHAT NOT TO ASK IN THE BABY REGISTRY" as it is actually very personal and kind of tacky. I still did it anyway, as I am blunt and broke and also I really wanted it hahaha.

So, I thank my lucky stars, my hubby's bestfriend Claudia did not seem to mind the expensive gadget, and along with it, she gave me a tote, a cooler bag, extra bottles and a calma nipple =) She gave baby Julia even more stuff but the pump was really more than I could ask for.

I am so overjoyed when I opened it during the baby shower =) I am a spoiled friend indeed. =)

I also have a good friend who added even more Medela products for me. I got basically everything in the Medela Catalog. =) Ive got the pump and save milk storage bags, valves, membranes, breastpads, hydrogel pads, etc etc. I have everything I need for my breastfeeding needs.

Im so grateful, thanks to my friends! =)

Here are My Medela Products, Fit for an Advert right? =)


Medela Swing Maxi With Free Calma
It's an electric double pump that I can easily bring to my layovers
so I can continue to pump for my baby even when I get back to work
when my maternity leave is over come January next year  =)

This tote is so cute and it came with the cooler bag and extra bottles.


This is me with Chynee saying, oh this is for my booby =) lol

No comments:

Post a Comment