Friday, June 18, 2010

Pizza and Pasta in Milan.


So I was in bed and I didn't want to get up ... was just so lazy. I look around and nothing looked familiar, I remember I was in Milan and it's my first time!!!! Milan Baby, there is no way I would stay in Bed in Milan! It's freaking Milan.



So, I put on my blue suede shoes haha, they are my fave from Greenhills :)and off I went to as far as it (and the train) could possibly take me.

AND I Stuffed myself with every yummy looking thing that is with cheese and salami and chesse and cheese and cheeese!!!


All the yummiest olive bread and foccacias are here!!! =)


I wanted to have this pizza just cause it was healthier BUT had the salami and cheese instead coz it was waaay yummier!


It was good but honestly, I think the best pizza in the whole wide planet is in New York. So this one is OK. not so bad. :)

After walking around in Lake Como, we headed back to the train station to Duomo Di Milano, the Cathedral Church of Milan. The Gothic cathedral took five centuries to complete and is the fourth-largest church in the world. Looking at it when I was standing so close, i just feel like it's ordinary, but at the photos, it really is amazing.



This is the Galleria from the inside. This is seriously, a dome of all the expensive and designer brands in Italy, how ironic that it is barely just two steps from the church. Dining here is expensive, but my stomach was begging me for a feed... So we had to stop at one of their Al Fresco Dining within the confinement of the Dome to eat :)





I love how every retaurant is cozy, I want to one day dine with my hubby here. I miss him.

Anyway, here's what I had. Spaghetti Carbonara with bacon and eggs.



BUT!!! Where are the bacon? arrrrggghh, I want more!It was bitin. I did not like it, coz I want my carbonara with lots of bacon and lots of sauce, well, that's how we ccok and eat it as Filipinos. This one that I had was the authentic Milanese one. Oh well.

Oh wait, I forgot to eat gelato on this trip, maybe next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment