Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Layover in Colombo, Sri Lanka

I had back to back Colombo, and it turned out to be good because I flew with nice crew and even got a room upgrade on my 48 hours layover. :)

The airconditioning in my room was not working properly and I could feel humidity creeping inside my room, and I couldn't sleep. Someone came to try and fix it but it didn't work so, they gave me a room change. It was then that I realized how crappy the crew rooms are. We get probably the smallest of rooms with the smallest of TV's! I terribly wished we were back the Cinnamon Lakeside Hotel, I love the food there and it's just so much better than Taj Airport Hotel.

I like that I got a very decent room for my 2 day stay. I wish they could give all of us crew a clean room like this in Colombo.

I also like that there's a rain shower in the bath :)

Food was very limited, if I were in the other hotel, I would definitely have their Sri Lankan Fish Curry, I love their anchovy side dish that comes with it. Here in Taj, I guess the best option would be for you to go out with the crew for seafood by the beach, or if you're lazy and wanted to be left alone, the Golden Dragon Chinese Resto is the next ok option.

I had the roasted spare ribs, I was so hungry I didn't get to get a photo until the last piece, and I had it with yang chow fried rice.




I liked the food, it wasn't bad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment