Sunday, November 21, 2010

Shanghai, China


It took 8 and a half hours to reach Shanghai, and the timing is horrendous. I was really really tired when we got to the bus, but I had an involuntary nap and some episodes of drooling during the ride. I know. I'm disgusting. Everybody looked like a horror story when we got to the hotel. But the nap did me good and the thought of groceries, kimchi, yakult and Ajisen Ramen, gave me enthusiasm! It wasn't freezing yet in Shanghai, and the weather is chilly but nice. =) Before the flight, I packed some winter clothes without thinking. When I was changing in the hotel, ready to go out, I couldn't zip my freaking jeans!!! I was mortified! It wouldn't close, I tried jumping, I tried not breathing, I tried evrything! But it just wouldn't zip the fuck up! SO. I left it open! thank heavens my jacket was just long enough to cover the nasty zip that wont close and my fatness, but shame on myself, I eat like a pig and I expect clothes and old jeans to still fit. Tsk tsk.

My plan was, to buy something my current size so I could go out the next day to do my Christmas shopping with the rest of the crew. And so I did. Im so happy I found a cute pair of shorts that were a little off my budget, considering my budget is ONLY for food but had to reconsider to avoid the embarassment that was about to unfold if and when somebody sees my unzipped ex-jeans. I bought all the groceries I needed and ate at Rajisen Ramen. I could not stop myself from having THE porkchop, my favorite porchop in the whole wide planet... =( I'm so guilty, but I still ate so plenty.

I ordered room service massage hoping cellulites will be massaged away =) And it was sooo sooo good. I recommend their foot massage, it was almost orgasmic. =)

Hence, I woke up at 6 pm the next day, I slept for seventeen hours straight, that's how good the massage was. I wasted money on the skirt and wasted the whole day that was meant for shopping! With only 2 hours left in China, I went out to go to my favorite Veggie Market =)


Just look at all these veggies, SO FRESH and so colorful! =)




And fruits too =) Fuji Apples from CHina haha and kiat kiat!


ANd just because I have not yet shamed myself enough, I decided to stop by at TOUCH. Definitely should not be the store's name. It should be LEAVE!!!! but I couldn't. =(


So I bought "some" of the yummy pastries. I love their egg tarts, and their meatfloss bread. The choco roll and milk cake is not very highly recommended by glutonous me. I freaking ate all of these would you believe! arrrrrggggh!



No comments:

Post a Comment