Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Little Creature/Blessing That Brings Joy into Our Lives





When I found out my brother got his girlfriend pregnant four years ago, I was shattered. I was down on the floor wiping my tears from the room's carpet. Back then it was hard to accept in the midst of my mom's health condition and our financial crisis, I knew that the responsibility I have on my shoulders will solely be my own. ANd I have happily accepted that except it also meant I guess I will be an aunt but not a mom to my own for a longer while.

When Vaughn was born, I could not express the happiness I had in my heart. I knew now how my ninang felt when she first saw me. He is the cutest =)

This little boy brought so much happiness to my family especially to my mom and dad. He maybe slightly bigger than a peanut but the joy he brings to us is enormous and immeasurable. How thankful I am that he came into our lives...

My mom is partially blind but I could see that even if she barely sees vaughn, she would light up and change her mood very easily. SHe talks about her grandson more than anything now. Seems like she has no pain of any sort when she sees Vaughn around. My mom would tell me endless stories about how Vaughn got a star from school or how Vaughn said he got very good marks, and how she is slightly worried about bullies in school. She would tell me Vaughn is like an adult when you talk to him and I could feel mommy's pain when she said, I think Vaughn does not like me too much because I can't play with him...

My dad has softened a lot when Vaughn was born. I guess to have a grandson could change a person somehow. He is very different with Vaughn compared to my brother. He buys him all sorts of things, funny ones like helmets and bikes from surplus. I would insist to my nephew that those were from me as well coz his lolo gets the money from me. Until one day when Vaughn said to me, "no ninang, it's not your money lolo bought my bike with, it's from his pention..." Oh ok then, if it's from his pension then it's really from him. hahaha. Ooops on that one.

Today, I feel happy to see Vaughn in photos, I view his videos over and over again. He is funny, strong willed and stubborn. And very intelligent too. He's seen me put on make up so many times at the hotel and he knows which one I use first starting with moisturizer, liquid foundation and all that. He puts too much interest on watching me put on make up, it scares me a bit. lol.

He's all grown up now. It's been years and years he believed crowne plaza was my house, but now, he asks, why do you keep changing rooms in your house ninang? uh oh. he must be getting confused, he also does not understand why on some days he passes by my house and could not come by to see me. so funny.

It's always worth it to come home to Manila even just for a meager 18 hours to see special moments like this, mom and vaughn talking to each other and playing card games. It makes me so happy and blessed.

I get to to thinking how my brother and sister and law should cherish the times when vaughn is growing as a little boy, time runs so fast... i hope he grows up to be smart and loving and a good son. And as for me, well I guess, I'm bitter sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment