Sunday, August 7, 2011

I Miss Life in Philippines

The other week when I was in Manila was when my mom had her parathyroid operation. COming from the hospital back to the hotel, I took a cab. I didn't know where exactly I was during the night but in the morning everything was perfectly at its place. The cab moved its way from Katipunan to Ortigas via Blue Ridge, and Corinthian Hills. Through Katipunan, memories just flooded and i realized I missed my UP life. We were always in Katipunan. Gosh I missed Shakeys, Hungry Hippo, Ken afford, the starbucks infront of Ateneo =) I remember David's Salon and Bea and Jerome. I miss this place where there is a food strip, I forgot what its called. And then I saw Banapple and how much I want to just stop and try their banoffee pie... =( no time. no time at all. I saw Countryside and I remember their bbq's... =) And then we passed by all these landscape stores and I missed them too. Everyday going to work I would always pass by these gardens and I would never grow tired of looking at each and evry plant =) I really missed this place. I wanted to buy puto from calasiao along the road and there was kesong puti as well. =) ang sarap sana , but i only have enough peso for the cab ride. =(

on the way to the airport naman we passed by Ortigas Ave. I saw podium and there was a pang of sadness in my heart. I miss the days when I was working at ambergris. I was young and had nothing to worry about. I had mocha frap every night probably even two if I was sleepier than usual, and now I realize I was spending all of my salary on coffee back then... i was naive and knew nothing about money and budget and savings =) i missed those days coz come to think of it now that I make probably 30 times more than I used to, i cant bring myself to have Costa coffee before my work days starts, I honestly feel that I cannot afford it! how ironic right? Ive become this stingy person i cant even recognize! arrrggghh im cheap! i wait till i get to the aircraft to have my coffee boost! cheappeepaayy!!!!

i am not ashamed but i guess knowing the value of money and probably really working hard for it changed me. changed me a lot =) positive in some ways but cheapeepay nonetheless. I go to the mall, I try on dresses and I know I look really good in the clothes I chose but I leave it, pretending like I never even wanted it. I walk home thinking about it, I sleep and I dream of it. The next day I come back for it because i couldnt sleep thinking about it, and of course, it's gone! i do not regret, I even rejoice that it was gone! I have gone totally mental. Before I buy something it takes forever for me to decide!

I am a sucker at saving...at trying to save. I have this fear of not saving enough, every single month, so i deprive myself! it hurts but i sometimes feel secretly proud whenever I am able to stop myself from buying anything. my hubby would definitely not agree to this, he still thinks i spend on garbage, but he hasnt seen how normal girls spend...

Back to where I was on top of this post, I miss miss miss Manila =) Im just glad I have 2 more this month. No matter how short the layover is, I still feel that being in Manila completes the flight attendant in me. It makes me realize that wherever I go, no matter how far Ive reached, home is still home and it is where my heart really is.

im not homesick yet coz i have manila tomorrow =) im excited to see my family again =)

No comments:

Post a Comment