Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Has It Really Been Six Months?

i did not write for that long. what was happening? today is valentine's day and i was thinking of writing something to my husband. And then I remembered, I had a blog. sorry.

the past 6 moths just breezed through my life. I have been forever thankful since then for my mom's successful kidney transplant. They say that it takes two years for you to really say that it is successful, but at the rate of my mom's recovery, I am just thankful everyday and I really just want to claim that it is. Every chance I get to go to church, which is rare, I am guilty, I know, but every chance I do now, I only thank Him. No more asking for anything. Just thanking and praising and just saying more thank you's.  I am so utterly happy for all the blessings given to us last year. This year, I really just want to thank the Lord.

I never thought that there would come a time that in prayers, i wouldn't be asking anything. I am contented with everything I've got right now. =)

So happy for mommy, everyday, she is feeling better. Her eyesight has not completely gone back but she can see better than before. I am happy that now, daddy has time to rest and now only drives mommy almost twice a month for check ups. No more three times a week dialysis.

I am sad for those who have left this world, those I've come to know from a distance, my mom's dialysis session mates. Like the one I remember, we call him attorney. He died last december. Im sad for his family. They had to cut his limbs last I heard about him and then a few weeks back, mommy said he died. All the more I really thank the Lord for the new life He has bestowed on mommy.

Kidney Disease, especially kidney failure is really one difficult and very sad affliction. The family, the patient, they all feel the wound, the heartache, the pain of having to go through dialysis. Not to mention the amount of money one has to spend for each and every session. The hardest to bear is when you see the two needles pricking through your loved one's arm, or neck or part of access. Three times a week. Sigh. I know of still so many people undergoing dialysis treatment, and I really hope they too, get a transplant.

My sister Regine is soon coming here in Dubai to work for emirates too. So excited for her to get to travel, see the world.

I have been flying non stop, but i wont whine. I am physically tired, nut maybe the happiness inside sustains me. Days off with my husband has become a treat. Sleeping next to him has been luxury. Today, he booked a  dinner for us two. I am excited. I have been trying on dresses, gosh, I must have put on weight because he needed to help me out of the dresses! I have desperately wanted a flat tummy but I kept thinking, wouldn't it be useless when I soon get pregnant? Oh well, looks like I found another excuse not to exercise.

Friends have left too. I am happy for them, but sad too coz I miss them.  But thinking about it, maybe they don't miss me. It's just me. I send messages in instagram and i dont get replies. Oh well. Maybe shes busy.

Mindy, the bestfriend, is coming to Dubai =) very soon and I am so excited =) I am not feeling confident about my house. I wanted to buy new furniture and curtains but only managed new KAS bedcovers. My wallet has been begging me to stop spending as it is very broke, due to DSF and my purse-chases. I have yet to pay a new bag I bought yet again. I have become addicted as always, has been to emergency SALE shopping. Always convincing myself it is a good buy and having an I wont sleep if I leave it kind of shopping philosophy. oh well. as long as Im not behind bars because of shopping, I'm still good =)

Stressed about my Schengen visa which has not arrived. Mindy will probably not kill me but, I really would love to stroll Champs Ellysse with her even if I dont know how to spell it. damn, i lost my ability to spell.

Ive met interesting people. Lots of them. Some worth and some maybe just passing by. I have learned to accept that friendship here is really a challenge. Though I am lucky as always to have found ones to really cherish.

Cirque du Soleil. frustrates me. be careful with my heart gives me a smile every night I watch it. =) I wish monet gets tfc. the other day i hated ms. belmonte now I have a hint of smile when Maya impressed her with all the aircraft bullshit which I hate coz I totally can relate. I sometimes forget I am a flight attendant,  And though I did not have to be a nanny to become one, I had my fair share of cute and funny stories. Although, I wouldn't mind having a sir chief to make me kilig. I am however a happy slave to my husband's jerseys , basketball shorts, and socks, i have my ser cheap whom i love so much. hahaha ser cheap. he will kill me when he reads this.

its almost 5 am. need to sleep. Nobu tonight with my hubby =) happy vday =)




No comments:

Post a Comment