Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas in a Lonely Hotel Room by MYSELF.

I love Christmases and New Years and all sorts of Holidays.. But when you work for a Muslim airline in the middle east, one can only have Leave on Christmas once evry four years... well I guess, the company will never fully understand how important for us Christians to be with their family on this one special day. And so I am here in a lonely hotel room, a few hours from Philippines and 8 hours from Dubai, miles and miles away. And no matter how many times I have spent Christmas alone, no matter how many times I'm alone in a hotel room on holidays, it still hurts. The silence, i am used to. But the emptiness and the feeling of being alone, breaks my heart...

... and so I become numb as on New Years Day I will be thousands of miles away again, probably alone, and my heart shattered into millions of little sad pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment